Your contributions go directly towards helping victims of domestic violence and their families.
The Domestic Violence Resource Center (DVRC) helps thousands of victims throughout Albuquerque and its surrounding communities, each year. With domestic violence cases on the rise, providing services for victims now and in the future is our top priority. The COVID-19 pandemic and stay-home orders have forced victims to stay in close quarters with their abusers resulting in an increase in physical harm, rape, and sexual assault. DVRC needs your help to increase support for the growing number of victims in need of services in the ABQ community. On-scene assistance from advocates responding to police calls has doubled, and the increases for emergency medical help, transportation, shelter, clothing, and food have already exceeded pre-pandemic levels. Furthermore, the need for case management and counseling services to help victims heal is expected to exceed DVRC’s capacity unless additional funding can be raised.
Your contribution will go directly towards helping victims of domestic violence victims ensuring their safety, health, and guidance towards a new future.
Your donations go towards:
- Removing victims from danger
- Getting victims access to medical services, food, and clothing
- Help with emergency restraining orders
- Finding safe shelter and emergency housing for victims and their families
- Permanently separating victims from their abusers
- Case management and counseling services for victims